ADAADA is a company that is involved in (subscription and custom research), advertising, Corporate Network, conferences and research mostly with the ECOWAS (ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES).
The primary purpose of the role is to support the contracts management function and contracts process for the Ecowas and also East African region too. The contracts executive will oversee the creation, review, approval and management of select sales and other commercial contracts for the regions. The ability to be able to balance commercial goals and protect The Group’s / Individual legal, financial and brand requirements are the key requirement of the position.
Key responsibilities - Contracts Management
• Ensure the use of The Group’s standard contract templates wherever possible and encourage the sales team to use the standard templates available in Ecowas.
• Ensure that the internal contracts review and approval process is followed in accordance with prescribed rules
• Work closely with the Sales, Editorial and Finance teams to review, check and approve contracts before they are sent onto the client, making changes and re-drafting relevant sections with the assistance of the Head of Business Operations, as necessary. When using a client’s contract, ensure that the terms are in line with The Group’s standard terms and conditions of doing business and The Group’s interests remain fully protected under the agreement
• Confirm that the prices being offered to clients meet applicable rate card pricing and discounting policy and support the Business Operation Executive. ECOWAS with any contract queries/contracts support
• Negotiate select contract terms directly with clients in conjunction with the sales team, either face to face, email or by phone
• Work with the Head of Business Operations and Contracts manager ADAADA to set up and agree master contracts with larger repeat clients where possible and appropriate
• Support the wider business with other types of agreements as necessary, such as the review of client documents, the appointment of a sales representative and service provider agreements and translations of agreements (where required), liaising with the Head of Business Operations and Contracts Management ADAADA as appropriate
• Provide assistance on tender processes and vendor registration.
• Work with the Head of Business Operations and Contracts Management ADAADA to ensure the consistent use of the most up-to-date contract templates and to support group-wide contracting standards. Ensure all current sales templates are available for the Sales team to access in ECOWAS.
• Ensure that that contracts and contract statistics are provided to the Sales and Finance teams and Head of Business Operations and Contracts Management on a regular basis
• General contracts administration
• Providing support to/cover for the regional contracts managers as and when required
• Provide training on the completion of standard form templates, contracts review and approval processes and guidelines to new members of sales staff
• Support to the Head of Operations and Contracts Management ADAADA with ad hoc projects
• Accuracy of response (including queries from internal and external clients) and speed of
turnaround of contracts
• Meeting agreed response times on contract review
• Quality of contracts drafting to ensure that The Group’s interests remain fully protected at all times including that any exposure to risk is minimal (in accordance with internal policies)
• Quality of internal and external communication
• Understanding of The Group’s editorial policies and ensuring they are appropriately reflected in contracts
Skills and capabilities profile
• Education and training
• Law degree or equivalent legal academic qualification. Postgraduate legal qualification and/or membership of a professional body is a distinct advantage
• Previous work experience
• 1 year + experience in commercial contract review, ideally in a media or publishing company with some international exposure. Regional experience will be a plus
• Experience of working closely with a sales team and commercial departments within the business is a must
• Ability to review contract terms and draft basic contract clauses with knowledge of client service agreements, electronic publishing and/or sponsorship agreements
• Solid understanding of general commercial, intellectual property, and legal concepts as well as English contract law principles.
• Knowledge of Salesforce.com an advantage
• Highly proficient in MS Office. Experience of SalesForce.com a distinct advantage
• Fluent in spoken and written English. language is an advantage
• Key skills
• Legal and contract knowledge
• Writing and contract drafting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving skills, influencing, and presentation skills with experience in negotiating contractual issues directly with clients
• Communicating clearly with internal teams and clients. Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and competing demands for service from the different external and internal customers
• Personal attributes
• Team player who sees the bigger picture.
• Interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Convincing and credible with both internal and external customers
The Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
About the Company
HR Source Consulting is a premier Human Resources Consultancy that provide clients across the WEST AFRICAN STATES with expert human resources planning and solutions. By inference, we have the expertise to attract high calibre candidates that fill specialist roles in the key industry sectors with focus in:
• IT (Information Technology)
• Media & Communications
We deliver to a multitude of client organisations across the ECOWAS region from businesses. We are your 'Regional HR partner with THE ECONOMIC COMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES'.
We adopt tailor made services and solutions to ensure that our clients need is fully met .
We provide a multi-step consultancy approach to sourcing the ideal candidate, to ensure that your requirement is fully fulfilled and delivered to. Furthermore we offer tailor made HR Services and Solutions in the additional following areas:
• Permanent Recruitment Solutions
• Interim & Contract Recruitment Solutions
• Managed Services
• Salary Surveys
• Outplacement Services
• Relocation and Company setup advice
In short, ADAADA is dedicated to delivering human resources solutions at every level (from Junior, Mid to Senior and C-Level Executives). This includes successful placements for every type and size of client organisation by sourcing candidates at all levels of seniority. We like to go the extra mile and serve our clients every need of ADAADA and provide additional solutions and services from salary surveys, market intelligence, outplacements services and relocation and company set up advice.